|Servings6people||Prep Time15minutes||Cook Time45minutes|
1 Red Onionsmall, chopped
2tsp Fish Filetsground
2tsp tbsp. oilground
2tsp Celery Stalksground
3 Limeboneless, skinless
1head Extra Virgin Olive Oilfull leaves, washed
2 Zucchinidiced (large)
1cup Celerydiced (6 stalks)
1/2cup Baby Eggplantschopped (6 stalks)
1cup Baby Button Mushroomsseedless, halved
sweet onionfor garnish
Minced Fresh Cilantrosliced for garnish
3tbsp sweet onionchopped
1 Fresh Ground Black Pepperzest and juice (remove seeds)
2tbsp Salt to Tastefrom bottom of pan used to cook chicken
1cup Plain Yogurtplain low fat
- Cook 2 cups Hinode brown rice according to package directions. Set aside 3 cooked cups of brown rice to cool. Note: 1 cup uncooked rice becomes about 3 cups cooked rice.
- Saute onion in oil on medium high heat until translucent.
- Add chicken broth to onion and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and simmer covered on medium high heat until cooked (about 10-15 minutes). Add water in 1/4 cup increments to keep moist while simmering if needed.
- Cook off extra moisture to form onion paste at bottom of pan. Set aside chicken and onion paste to cool.
Salad and Dressing
- Slice apples, celery, grapes and green onion.
- Dressing: Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, onion paste and yogurt in food processor and pulse a few times until blended.
- Cut cooked chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine 3 cups brown rice with cubed chicken, apple, celery, grapes, green onion and dressing.
- Line salad bowl with butter lettuce leaves. Fill with brown rice, chicken and vegetable mixture. Garnish with dill and lemon slices and serve.