|Servings6-8people||Prep Time10minutes||Cook Time3hours|
6cups whole milk
1cup Hinode Calrose White Medium Grain Riceuncooked
2tbsp granulated sugar
jamLingonberry if available
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler half-way with water. Bring to a rolling boil on the stove top.
- In the top of the double boiler, combine milk, rice, sugar, cardamom and salt. Cover and place over boiling water. Cook for 2.5 hours until most of the milk has been absorbed by the rice and a thick porridge has formed. Stir the mixture to incorporate any remaining milk throughout, and if it is too thin, continue cooking, covered, another 30 minutes.
- You may need to add more boiling water to the bottom of the double boiler as the pudding cooks. If so, keep a kettle of boiling water on hand to add. Check after each hour and add more boiling water if needed.
- Just before serving, add the almond to the pudding and stir. Whoever gets the almond wins.
- Serve warm or cool with lingonberry jam as garnish.