|Servings4People||Prep Time15Minutes||Cook Time10Minutes|
1/2cup Rice Vinegar
1/2cup Soy Sauce
1-2tbsp Sriracha Sauceadjust according to head tolerance)
2tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Large Garlic Cloveminced
1tbsp Ginger Rootfresh, minced
4cups Hinode Brown Riceany variety
1cup Purple Cabageshredded
1/2 Red Onionthinly sliced
1ear Corn on the Cobhusk and silk removed, sliced in 4 chunks
4 Large Button Mushroomswhole
4 Small Tomatoeswhole
4 Jalapeño Pepperswhole, optional
4 Sweet Pepperswhole
1/2 Red Onioncut in half and sectioned
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, place the corn, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, and onion. Pour the remaining half of the marinade over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate for 10 to 30 minutes. Using 4 metal skewers, skewer these marinated vegetables.
- Place skewers on preheated grill for 4-5 minutes, or until veggies begin to show grill marks.
- Turn skewers over and grill an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the veggies show grill marks and are beginning to slightly brown.
- Remove from heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
Recipe and photo by Amber Stott of awakeatthewhisk.com