|Servings6People||Prep Time30Minutes||Cook Time45Minutes|
2cups uncooked Hinode White Enriched Extra Long Grain riceuncooked
1whole Chickenabout 4 pounds
2 1/2cups romahalved
1 Medium Oniondiced
1/2cup Cornfresh or frozen
1/2cup Green Chiliesdiced
1 1/2cups olive oil
4-5cups Chicken Broth
- Blend roma tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, ½ onion, and 1 cup of chicken broth until smooth.
- Sieve tomato mixture into a large bowl - pushing solids to extract as much juice as possible.
- Reserve juice in the bowl; discard solids.
- Chop whole chicken into pieces and place into a dutch oven with 2 cloves of garlic and ½ onion.
- Add water until it covers the chicken and salt to taste.
- Cover pot and bring to a simmer until the chicken is tender, about 35 minutes. Strain out meat, remove the bones and reserve broth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick pot over medium-high heat. Add rice and sauté until grains just start to turn golden.
- Combine 3 cups of the tomato liquid, 3 cups chicken broth, diced carrots, corn and chilies.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil, reduce heat to a slow simmer over medium-low heat and cover the pot.
- Let the mixture simmer for 40 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Check the rice at 30 minutes to see if the pot looks too dry and add liquid if needed.
- Serve chicken over the rice, garnished with chopped cilantro.