|Servings6People||Prep Time15Minutes||Cook Time45Minutes|
2cups Hinode Medium Grain White or Brown Riceuncooked
4oz Dark Chocolatebroken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare Hinode rice per package instructions. Set aside 3 cups of cooked rice to cool.
- Place milk, sugar, chocolate and vanilla into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs gently in a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs gradually, whisking all the time.
- Add cooked rice and stir to combine. Pour into a greased baking sheet or individual ramekins.
- Place dish/ramekins onto a large deep baking tray and place onto the rack of the oven.
- Pour hot water into the baking tray until 3/4 of the way up both sides.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted comes out almost clean. The puddings should be slightly soft and wobbly in the center.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with warn ice cream or cream.
Reduce the heat of the oven if it looks like its cooking too quickly. Otherwise the custard may separate or become rubbery.
Add the zest of 1/2 and orange and 1 cinnamon stick to the milk mixture for added flavor.