|Servings4People||Prep Time40Minutes||Cook TimeN/A|
2cups Hinode Black Rice
1 3/4cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1/2 Red Bell Pepperdiced
1/2 Orange Bell Pepperdiced
1/2cup Cilantrofinely chopped (save some cilantro for garnish)
12oz Edamameshelled about 2 cups
2 Crowns of Broccolisteamed and chopped into bite size pieces
1bunch Asparagussteamed and chopped into bite size pieces
1cup Snap Peasraw and chopped into bite size pieces
1 Limecut into small wedges for garnish
1tbsp Sesame Seeds
2cups Soy Sauce
2tbsp Sesame Oil
2tbsp Plum Sauce
1tsp Chili Pasteadjust to your taste
Juice from 1 1/2 - 2 Limesadjust to your taste
2tbsp Gingergrated (in a pinch use Gourmet Garden Ginger Spice Blend available in produce departments)
- Cook Black Rice with 1 ¾ cup broth and 1 ½ cup water in rice cooker (with brown rice setting) or on the stove top per package directions.
- Combine soy sauce, chili paste, plum sauce, brown sugar and ginger; wisk together and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli, asparagus and edamame to your liking.
- Chop vegetables into bite size pieces (broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, snap peas and cilantro). Toss peppers, edamame, broccoli, asparagus, snap peas, and cilantro with ¼ cup of sauce.
- Mix the black rice with ½ cup of sauce. Test the rice and gradually add more sauce in ¼ cup increments to your liking. Save extra sauce for drizzling on top of salad when served.
- Plate the black rice on the bottom with the vegetables on the top (like a big rice bowl). You can also present this as a layered salad which highlights the beautiful colors of these super foods. Garnish with cilantro, sesame seed and lime wedges.