|Servings4People||Prep Time15Minutes||Cook Time50Minutes|
4cups Hinode White Ricecooked, any variety
1package Chicken Drumsticks
2cups Mole Sauce
1/4cup Whole Almondsslivered
1/4cup Pumpkin Seedswhole, unsalted
1/2cup Dried Apricotschopped
Salt and Pepperto taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- Place chicken drumsticks in baking dish. Cover with mole sauce and bake for 50 to 60 minutes – until completely cooked.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Skim chicken fat from surface of mole sauce and discard.
- Combine cooked rice with almonds, pumpkin seeds, apricots, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate chicken on bed of rice mixture and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Recipe and photo by Amber Stott of awakeatthewhisk.com