|Servings32-36Cones||Prep Time10Minutes||Cook Time12Minutes|
2cups cooked HINODE Long Grain Ricewhite or brown, cooked
6-7tbsp Sushi Vinegar
8-9 Seaweed Sheetsquartered
1 Cucumberseeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
4oz Smoked Salmonthinly sliced
1/4cup Japanese Soy Sauce
1-2tbsp Pickled Gingeroptional
Basic Sushi Rice
- Prepare Hinode Medium Grain or Short Grain Rice per package instructions.
- Let rice sit, covered, 10 minutes after steaming is complete.
- Sprinkle sushi vinegar over rice, slicing through rice with wooden spoon to break up lumps and distribute the vinegar evenly.
- Cover with damp cloth to stop the rice from drying out.
- Hold a quarter sheet of seaweed flat in the palm of your hand.
- Place 1-2 tbsp. of cooked sushi rice and a pinch of wasabi on one half of the sheet.
- Lay 2-3 strips of cucumber and salmon diagonally across the rice.
- Roll sheet into cone shape around the rice.
- Dip into soy sauce and enjoy.