|Servings4-6People||Prep Time10Minutes||Cook Time30Minutes|
2tbsp olive oil
1 Large Oniondiced
1 Large Bell Pepperdiced
114 oz can Diced Tomatoes(or 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes)
2tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1tbsp Hot Sauce
6cups Chicken Stock
1 1/2cups Hinode Riceuncooked
2cups Texas Gulf Shrimppeeled, deveined
1lb Local J Bar B or Kiolbassa Sausagesliced into 1/2" slices
1tsp Garlic Powder
1/2tsp Dried Oregano
1/4tsp Black Pepper
1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4tsp Dried Thyme
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and the bell pepper - sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, Worcestershire, and hot sauce - stirring to combine.
- Add stock and rice - bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is tender but not fully cooked.
- Add shrimp, sausage, and spices - continue cooking until rice is soft and sausage and shrimp are fully cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra hot sauce like Texas Pete Hot Sauce.
Recipe by Shaina Olmanson of FoodForMyFamily.com